- 2. How We Collect InformationWe collect information in a variety of ways. For example, we collect information that you provide to us through various Contact Centers, information we collect through your use of our products or services, and information we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Sites, Products and ServicesIn addition to the sources described in Section 1, we may collect the following information through your use of our Sites, products, and Services.
- Pre-Installed/Installed Applications/Devices. We may receive information directly via cellular, satellite link, radio, or ethernet connection from Assets equipped with a mobile application or through telematics and similar devices (“Devices”) that were either pre-installed or installed by us.
- Wearable Technology. We may collect information through fatigue monitoring Devices or RFID tags embedded in hardhats or safety vests.
Information from Third-Party SourcesWe may collect the following types of information from publicly and commercially available sources as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from you.
- Via Wei siger Group’s affiliates and subsidiaries,
- Via Caterpillar Inc. or its business affiliates or contractors. We may receive information from Caterpillar or its business affiliates or contractors which have collected information from you via: (i) cellular or satellite link, or radio or Ethernet connection from Assets, which may include System Data (such as information relating to the Device or Asset) or Personal Information (such as from information generated by fatigue monitoring Devices, on-board camera and proximity detection systems, and in-cab monitoring technology); or (ii) Digital Offerings.
- From Component Manufacturers and OEMs: We may obtain System Data from manufacturers of the components in your Assets. This information may be provided to us automatically.
- From Asset Owners and Others: We may receive additional information from Asset owners, operators and other persons who have management responsibility for an Asset .
- From Other Sources: We may receive your information from other sources, such as credit reference agencies, public databases, joint marketing partners, internet, social medial platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. We may collect or generate information from troubleshooting data, from your service providers (such as fluid analysts and site inspectors) or from maintenance, inspection or warranty records.
3. How We Use Your InformationWe use the information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Sites and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the information we collect to:
- Process your account registration;
- Allow you to monitor the status of Assets;
- Process and fulfill your orders and requests, including requests for quotes and training classes;
- Fulfill client support agreements;
- Perform maintenance and repairs;
- Deliver Assets or parts;
- Make recommendations regarding safety, Asset health, maintenance, worksite efficiency and productivity training for operators;
- Enhance the safety of machine operations, including by tracking proximity to Assets, other objects or humans;
- Enable remote technician services, such as remote troubleshooting and remote tuning;
- Provide you with location-based services and content;
- Send administrative or contractual information, for example, information regarding our terms and conditions of sale and rent and using out Sites and Services;
- Contact you regarding our products and services and to send you marketing communications that we feel may be of interest to you for which you may opt-out at any time;
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services;
- Communicate with you about your purchase or rental of Assets and your purchase of Asset parts;
- Provide support and customer service;
- Conduct market research;
- Perform data analytics, audits, improve products, develop new products, enhance, improve or modify our Sites and services, identify usage trends and operate our business activities and for statistical analysis based on aggregated and de-identified data, such as bench marking reports;
- Provide services to our clients, manage workflow, monitor repairs, project future maintenance and service, and troubleshoot issues;
- Validate effectiveness of recommendations and resolve complaints;
- Manage Assets and parts inventory in order to provide you with machines, parts and services;
- Manage a fleet of owned or tented Assets;
- Maximize the efficiency of operations and increase sales;
- Develop digital applications;
- Manage your acco unt with us and general keep our records up to date and to administer or relationship with you;
- Review your job application;
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, competitions, or similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your information, including Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our agreements, and to otherwise fulfill our legal obligations;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
4. How We Share Your InformationWe may share the information that we collec t about you in the following ways:
- With our parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities, to our manufacturers and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and to contractors, service providers and other third parties used to support our business and the business of our manufacturers;
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- With vendors to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights and property, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Information where, in our re asonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
6. “Do Not Track” SignalsSome internet browse rs incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently interpret, respond to, or alter their practices when they receive “Do Not Track” signals.
7. Choices About Your InformationTo review or request changes to any of your Personal Information, please contact us as described below. To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us using the contact information described below.
8. SecurityWe maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
10. Children’s PrivacyThe Sites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
11. Notice to California ResidentsWe do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
13. How to Contact UsTo contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us by calling us by phone at 704-596-6700, by mail at 9000 Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC 28269, Attn: Legal Department, or electronically at email@example.com.
14. Caterpillar Data GovernanceCaterpillar’s Data Governance Statement, together with Caterpillar’s Global Privacy Statement and any applicable Caterpillar Privacy Notices for its digital offering subscriptions, describes Caterpillar’s practices for collecting, sharing, and using data and information relating to machines, products or other as sets and their associated worksites–for example to enable Cat® Connect and other Digital Offerings. The Data Governance Statement also describes how Caterpillar may perform remote diagnostics and make available remote software and firmware updates and upgrades, such as configuration, patches, bug fixes, new or enhanced features, etc., for your Assets and Devices. By providing data and information to a dealer as described herein or to Caterpillar as described in Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement, you agree to its terms as it may be revised from time to time.